Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My new 'do

You may recall our Italian hairdresser. After a week in the Puglian sun, my hair needed a little pick me up. But he is a charming and persuasive man, and he talked me into a trendy new 'do, something like this. And no, I am not trying to look like Posh. There was a woman in my office who had this haircut, but she quit so now I can have it. I told my hairdresser this, and he seemed mildly insulted: "It will not look like hers, because I am doing it." Riiiight.

Anyway, I'm chuffed that people noticed the new look. I have advised people that if they know me long enough, I will have as many hairstyles/colors as the babe from "Alias." But it is a higher maintenance 'do. I cannot sweep it into a ponytail when I am too late to shower. I required new equipment to tame my waviness (a ceramic brush), and I actually have to use a blow dryer. Is it worth it? I think so! And so does Smitty (like he has a choice).

2 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

What is a ceramic brush? Why is it better than a plastic or wooden brush?

11:26 PM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

I'm so glad you included the meaning of chuffed. I was thinking that chuffed wasn't a good thing. Good luck with the new hair. If my hair needs more than 30 seconds of care, I'm unchuffed.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home