Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The woman with two red shoes

So I saw a woman today, dressed all in black, except for her shoes, which were red. Actually, more like this. It was like putting an exclaimation point at the end of your outfit. And I think I simply must get some.

Londoners, in general, are fashionable people. They're not afraid to wear things that don't quite match, yet don't clash, like red shoes with a black pantsuit. It's a kind of Bohemian elegance.

I just finished reading (more like blitzing through) a book called The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, about a female financial journalist with a penchant for spending and a debt load to match. Of course, in addition to being an easy and entertaining read, it features the names of the many stores our heroine shops at... Where's my Visa?

(And OK, honestly, who got the reference to the Tom Hanks movie?)

4 Comments:

Blogger John Burkholder said...

My wife has read all of the shopaholic books...except for that one it appears. She LOVES Sophie Kinsella.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

I got the reference to the Tom Hanks Movie, without even following the link.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

Schmutz, it's really not that great of a movie. I was working for Cycles Peugeot in Compton, California, when that movie was being filmed. We provided the bicycles that end up in the water in the movie. We were very excited at the time and my significant other and I went to see the movie just because of that.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I believe I read that book, but it had a different name... I love it when they change book covers/names to confuse people like me in to buying the same book again... sometimes I even read a chapter or two before discovering it wasn't just deja-vu.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home