Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday scooterblogging

Image hosting by Photobucket

From the same shop where the mechanic told me his tale of woe.

The one in the front is a classic old Vespa. On the blue one in the background, notice the sticker with the red "L" on the fender. This signifies that particular scooter is driven by a messenger. Should you ever have the joy of driving in Central London, one of the things that may make you very nervous is the messenger-driven scooters that zip by you on the right, between you and the oncoming traffic. It made me very nervous about changing direction for fear that I would take out a messenger in the process.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought ther "L" meant it was driven by someone witha learners permit?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

Yeah, I understand there's that usage too. The only reason I think the red L is for the messengers is that every messenger I see has the red plate on their scooter somewhere, including the guys who deliver pizza.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home