Thursday, April 03, 2008

British summer time

One thing that I forgot to mention was that when I left London, the UK still hadn't gone to British Summer Time (hereafter referred to as BST). The U.S. got ahead of us on that because of some act of Congress designed to save energy. I'd like to see a report on how much energy that saves. I can think of 10 things Congress could enact that would save energy -- including telling them all to stop chilling the bloody hearing rooms in summertime -- but let's not go there in this post.

And today, I saw this press release from the Met Office, the UK's national weather forecaster, telling us we're going to have a "typical British summer." So of course, I was stoked, because we DIDN'T HAVE a summer last year. As our Yankee pals who went to Devon with us last August. Brr! As one of my English colleagues was quick to point out, however, "typical" doesn't necessary equal "great summer." Still, I'm optimistic. Anything's better than last year!

1 Comments:

Blogger יעל גורלי said...

Compare time differences between time zones with daylight saving time adjustments at www.daylight-savings-time.info

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home