Monday, January 07, 2008

Huzzah!

Britons richer than Americans, (but then there's that matter of the cheap dollar).
The average UK person will this year have a greater income than their US counterpart for the first time since the 19th Century, figures suggest.
Analyst Oxford Economics said the UK's GDP per head of population will reach £23,500 - £250 higher than in the US.
However, because goods and services are cheaper in the US, Americans will have stronger purchasing power, it added.

Perhaps we'll stay?

Hat tip to Atta J. Turk, posting over at Eschaton.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Middle Kid said...

It's the best of both worlds then, if you're paid in pounds and then go shopping when you're in the U.S.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Expat mum said...

Yes, I found that headline very mis-leading. My heart leapt as I imagined a way to convince my husband that we should move back to England (at least for a while) then I realized that it's still cheaper to live over here, (USA). I guess we'll be staying at this end too.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home