Friday, October 26, 2007

Cultural Exchange

And if you haven't had enough of me writing about sports this week ... this Sunday is the first regular NFL game outside of North America, in Wembley Stadium, which Mrs. Werbenmanjensen and I will be attending. (One of Mrs. W's English colleagues said to her, "So it's rugby for wimps?") The Guardian, which yesterday informed us of acceptable elocution in the House of Commons, including the use of scatological terms, noted without comment that while fans of the Miami Dolphins call their team the "Fish," dolphins are actually mammals.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

I think we should all welcome the newest commenter to this blog, MKOK. Or should we call him or her HN instead?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

Yes, he or she is a very enthusiastic commenter! And he or she is an accountant from Afghanistan.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

We like enthusiastic commenters.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Schmutz said...

I just KNEW s/he was from Afghanistan. S/he gave him/herself away with her/his word order.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Schmutz said...

Oh, yes, I forgot: Welcome MKOK!

12:40 AM  
Blogger MKOK said...

Yes, yes, thank you. I have moved
temporarily to the United States
to escape my country's unrest.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home