Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday Catblogging

In the blog world, there's been a long tradition of cat/dog/random petblogging on Fridays. Since the beginning of this blog, we've had no pets, our cats Lucy and Ethel being left behind in new homes rather than placed in the DEFRA concentration camp. I've had a bit of a struggle making friends with these London cats, too, but I think I finally have a feline buddy.

Meet Greg:



Greg is the parish cat at our church. I've been volunteering at the church three hours a week to cover the telephones and main entrance, and Greg has made friends with me--I think, in part, because I sit in one of the rooms he likes to sleep in, and in part because I'll take the time to pet him. One of the more elderly brothers in the Passionist community that makes its home at our parish described Greg as the cat of the beloved late Father Hubert, although he seems to have lots of companions in the church community. "He's rather cossetted," the brother told me. "Well, every cat is cossetted."

Greg is an older cat--I think somebody told me he's around 18 years old--but appears in good health. He's able to hop up on the desk and claw at will at the papers on the bulletin board.

Despite his age, he's hip to the web. He has his own web page.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

If cossetted cats live longer, my brother's new cat will live to be a ripe old age, too. He is currently here with us for my cousin's wedding... with free reign in the house... however, our cats when we were little had to remain outside!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home