Saturday, April 08, 2006

Meet Jordan

Some people are really famous here, who are unknown in America. Like Robbie Williams. Or Jordan.

Who is Jordan? I asked myself at the news agent, where her face was plastered on the covers of such gossip magazines as Heat and Hello!. To my credit, I didn't purchase a copy to find out. I asked someone, who explained to me that Jordan is famous for being on a reality show here. Yes, friends, reality TV is even more of a plague here than in the States. Why? Because most programs here ain't that good. They even import episodes of the A-Team to boost the quality of the programming here. Ah, I love it when a plan comes together.

And as I've noted before, there are a number of musical acts you'd never know in the States if you walked into them. So when I was recently browsing the UK version of iTunes in search of some new songs, I couldn't help notice that Ricky Gervais had 4 of the top 5 selling albums. Who is he? Google reveals he's that dude from the original "The Office." Which was copied by the U.S. Wait, wasn't I just saying UK TV was poxy? Oops...

1 Comments:

Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

But the UK does have full-frontal nudity on its standard TV.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home