Sunday, February 19, 2006

Babyshambles and other bands I'd never heard of before

It's about time we had a post on the music scene here. While American acts like Madonna (or is she English now?), Bon Jovi and 50 Cent (yes, they're showing his movie here too) can be found on billboards around London, I am also seeing ads for bands I've never heard of before. Like Babyshambles.

Ok, the main reason I have heard of Babyshambles isn't because I heard them on the radio and loved their single "Killamangiro." It's because their lead singer was dating model Kate Moss when she allegedly snorted coke. Intrigued, I went to iTunes and sampled some music. Not bad.

Other UK acts that intrigue me (because they are getting a lot of press) are the Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, KT Tunstall and, well, Robbie Williams. He is like ridiculously popular and wealthy but is completely unknown in the U.S. It's not like he's less talented than Bon Jovi. Plus he's kinda cute!

5 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

Hmm, I have to question your idea of "cute".

1:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yeah, 'kinda' but the chest hair is a little much... he might shoulda zipped that a little higher! :D

7:04 AM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

I think he's "kinda" cute if you factor in the "ridiculously wealthy" part.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Werbenmanjensen said...

You ALWAYS factor in ridiculously wealthy! Which is how you know that I'm into Smitty for Smitty. :)

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home