Monday, April 03, 2006

Come to Glasgow, see Neil Sedaka ....

The venue housing my conference is the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Center, which also hosts concerts. From the schedule, I see that they're hosting Neil Sedaka (I thought--nay wished--he was dead), Celtic Tiger (starring Michael Flatley, everybody's dancing fake Irishman from Chicago's South Side), Moody Blues (doing their bad poetry while looking like James Doohan) and an Evening with Art Garfunkel (second prize: a Whole Day with Art Garfunkel). On the other hand, Mrs. W's new musical obsession, the Kaiser Chiefs, are also playing here soon. Perhaps it's worth the trip? The bartenders at the hotel tell me an advanced ticket on Megabus from London to Glasgow costs but three quid.

5 Comments:

Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

Just noticed that Hilary Duff's coming, too.

I can't imagine what that would be like.

Nor do I want to.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

And--oh man!--the Eagles "farewell" tour is coming, too. Didn't the Eagles have a farewell tour already--like 25 years ago?

6:55 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

What's wrong with the Eagles, and Art Garfunkel! And the Moody Blues are favorites of mine! You were obviously not brought up right.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

Perhaps that's why you're called "Oldest" Kid. I thought the Eagles, Art Garfunkel and the Moody Blues were all dead.

2:53 AM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

I'm crushed! I suppose you don't like Bob Dylan either. But, MK, you seem to like the Kinks...

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home