Monday, February 20, 2006

Lighter blogging this week

I have a couple of paying projects coming up this week, so I may not be able to blog as frequently. Please enjoy the links on the right if you're looking for bloggy goodness.

Also, I would note the following: I am about to submit an invoice for my most recent paid writing at a rate of about 53 cents (U.S.) a word (and that's low, given that I am charging a flat rate for the article and wrote more than is allotted for it). Based on that, last week, given that this blog delivered about 5,000 words, readers received nearly $2,700 worth of value--for free.

We're giving people.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Wow - I'm feeling truly priviledged... I wonder what value would be placed on mine... I might actually have to pay people to come read my blog! :D

11:26 AM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

We'll be having a PBS-style pledge drive in March. It will consist of us starting posts, but interrupting them with pledge appeals before we finish them ... a day later.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

I just clicked on the "foil head" picture next to your blog (by the way, I do that all the time -- cover my head in foil, I mean). That's your t-shirt: "The 'g' is silent, like in 'fish' --americansamuck."

Thanks for all you do for us!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

That, of course, is Joaquin Phoenix in "Signs." That scene alone nearly made me feel like M. Night Shaymalan hadn't cheated me out of $7.50--again. I say almost.

I never knew what the "g is silent like in fish" really meant anyway.

3:13 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

I'll send you some chipotle and avacodos during your pledge drive, along with some dried beans.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Werbenmanjensen said...

Ooooh, Aussie Sarah, would you pay me in Chipotle to read your blog?

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had Chipotle for lunch today, so there.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Mrs. Werbenmanjensen - I would, but I think I'm farther from a Chipotle than you! *sigh*

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home