Sunday, February 19, 2006

I want my Babybel Babybel Babybel

To continue my obsession with the food here, let me say that one thing they do well here in spades is cheese. Sure, the cheese section of my local Whole Foods back in the U.S. had quite the assortment. But even the tiniest Tesco has Cheshire on the shelf. At the Pret a Manger, you can get a sandwich with Wensleydale on it (or is that at the Marks & Spencer?). And let's not forget those mini Babybels. Like Mr. Pibb + Red Vines, they're crazy delicious!

But still no substitute for Chipotle... Oh, how I long for your guacamole goodness! I love those burritos like McAdams loves Gosling! I guess I'll just have to buy some stock and hope I can make enough mint to open my own here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can learn to lose the holy
Awe you feel for guacamole,
You'll be astounded with the ease
You learn to love your mushy peas.

2:15 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

When we visit we'll see if we can smuggle in some avacados and chipotle sauce.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

O.K., Mrs. W, you've got to be able to do something about your Chipotle problem. I bet they sell chapatis (which are very much like tortillas) at a store around there. Then, you have to get some beans, some beef (I know they have to have beef around there -- that's where Mad Cow Disease started!), and some spices. I bet if Mr. W put his mind to it, he could whip you up something tasty that resembles Chipotle. You're just making me sad!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

When they say beans here, they mean baked beans. And they serve them for breakfast, with toast.

If you think I'm making that up, I'm not.

It's up there with "brown sauce" for breakfast.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

They don't have dried beans? You know -- pinto, kidney, soy, black, cannellini. You soak them, you cook them. They have to have dried beans.

10:39 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

As long as I don't have to eat ham and beans....

3:54 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Werbenmanjensen said...

Beans beans the musical fruit
Etc.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://yixanobz.com/zxoc/rzjk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zidafvmb.com/dnhs/svpw.html]Cool site[/url]

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://yixanobz.com/zxoc/rzjk.html | http://zqcgrvex.com/mkhq/tzho.html

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home