Tuesday, January 29, 2008

English2American: The Dead Tree Version

The author of the English2American dictionary, blogrolled on the right, sends an email to the various beer-buyers on his list:
Some time in the last ten years you emailed me with suggestions about “The English-to-American Dictionary”, my dictionary of British slang. Perhaps we exchanged several emails. Perhaps you bought me a drink. In any event, at some point I sent you a mail saying that you were to appear in the honour roll on my contributors list, and there your name resides to this day.

For about half of these ten long years I've been dribbling on about how I'm going to turn the web site into a book, become wealthy and famous and leave this dirty town for good. That'll show them. Well, in the last year or so I've managed to get my act together somewhat on this, and within the next few months it should be available at Lulu.com - it's not a real publisher, it's one of those places that will just print a copy and send it if anyone orders one. I may be in this dirty town for the foreseeable future.

If you want to be notified when the real book comes out, go here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home