Thursday, May 17, 2007

Shout out to Guernsey

Between Jersey and Sir Kevin's visit, we have a lot of catching up to do. And then we'll have even more, as Smitty is in Hungary and I'll be in Barcelona next week. That's right, we live up to the AA title.

Just a short post to extend a belated congrats to the Guernsey rugby team, with whom we shared the rough journey via ferry from Jersey. (Their flight had also been canceled.) They won the Siam Cup and were proudly walking around the ferry terminal with it gleaming in their burly arms.

They were in the queue behind us to get tickets for the ferry, and asked if we were going to Guernsey. I said, no, we were trying to get to London. "I don't think the ferry goes there," one lad said. They were kind enough to wish us well as they disembarked in Guernsey, passing Smitty with the barf bag on his knee.

A work colleague told me Guernsey is more rural than Jersey, implying that it was better for walks and windswept coasts. So we may have to sample it next time.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

I finally settled upon an Avatar that fits me perfectly, and I think I've figured out how to attach it. I'm going to try a posting and see what happens. I think Schmutz in particular will like it.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, OK, I do like the avatar and agree that it fits you. I have admired Aleta, especially the way she handles Prince Valiant. (I have not been able to comment as myself and have to post as anonymous - in fact, couldn't even post that way last night. I guess I'm lacking tech skills.)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

OK, I absolutely love your avatar!

3:40 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Werbenmanjensen said...

I also love it! Just wondering, does this make Mr. OK Prince Valiant?

4:54 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

Since he won't comment and he won't choose an avatar for himself, I will just declare him to be Prince Valiant! But, he's jealous because I'm a Queen (of the Misty Isles) and he's just a Prince.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home