Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Scarlet Knight Says Ni!

I decided to let our guest, my esteemed brother, guest blog and share a few thoughts with you on his visit, which is drawing to a close:

'Ello, mates! Sir Kevin the Blunt here to share with you the many sights, sounds, and smells a tourist encounters & produces whilst travelling in Swinging London. Let me start by saying that one week is simply not enough time to be here to see everything, and I wish I could scrounge off my sister & brother-in-law for just a little bit longer! This trip marks my first time going abroad. Unless you count the time I spent a weekend on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, a summer vacation in Bermuda, or several rides down the Turnpike into South Jersey. It was certainly the furthest distance I've ever travelled, and the first time I used my passport...the real one, of course!

One of my first adventures in the Angel Isle was the Beatles/Abbey Road walking tour.
We got to see Paul McCartney's publishing company, the studio where "Hey Jude" was recorded, and finally, Abbey Road itself and the studio which bears its name. On the exterior wall, people were allowed to scribble a message for everyone passing by to read. I wrote, "All you need is love -John, Paul, George, Ringo, and Sir Kevin the Blunt of Hamilton"
I only wrote it in pen, so please look for it as soon as possible before it gets easily washed off.

Other excursions included visits to the Tower of London (home of the Crown Jewels and King Henry VIII's large codpiece), Westminster Abbey (home of lots of dead famous people), Stonehenge (possibly the home not-so-famous dead people), and Buckingham Palace (even more dead people). The weather cooperated for the most part, if by the "most part", you mean one hour late in the day, which is probably considered a dry spell in this country.

Since both my sister & brother-in-law were working some days, I would have to go and view these sites alone. Luckily, they gave me this essential book of maps that reduced my aimless wandering by at least 40%. However, the times they were able to accompany me were without a doubt the best times. Especially when we saw "Spamalot"
this past Friday.

For those of you unfamiliar with the show, it is based on one of the funniest films ever made: "Monty Python & the Holy Grail". But rather than simply do a repeat of the film onstage, it was a hilarious re-telling of the classic story mixed with skits from the TV show & some beloved new additions (especially the "lady of the lake"...YOWZA!)

But hilarity and great showmanship aside, the message was as clear as it was poignant: "Find Your Grail". This simple yet inspiring adage, as well as the wisdom & company of my family, has set me on my quest to find the divine within myself. So upon my arrival home, I shall begin to pursue the thing which will find me not only personal fulfillment, but hope & joy to millions the world over...Murder Mystery Dinner Theater! (Warning: Shameless Plug Approaching)

So if you plan on being in the Princeton-Mercer County area of New Jersey, USA, and you're in the mood for some faboulous entertainment, check out "Murder at Liarton Manor" playing at the Palmer Inn on Route 1 next to Charlie Brown's! I will be more than happy to sign any autographs.

So as I finally finish typing, and the last night of my trip draws to a close, I would like to take this time to give a big shout out to my lovely & talented sister and her equally qualified soul mate. Their love, hospitality, and friendship is one of the things that gives me a new hope in this troubled world. I can never fathom what I have done to deserve such people in my life...but I'm pretty sure there's a reason somewhere!

Anyways, to all you bloggers out there, CHEERS! TALLY HO! and...RUN AWAY!!!

Sincerely,

Sir Kevin the Blunt of Hamilton

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! We're going to see Spamalot in June and I'm really looking forward to it now after the discussion in this blog. If we get there early enough we might get a coconut!

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home