Friday, January 19, 2007

Whew!

Mrs. Werbenmanjensen and I survived the mini-hurricane in fine shape. It helps that we've been through worse, including nine days without power following a tropical storm.

At periods during yesterday afternoon, I could hear rubbish bins rolling down the street, and a slate shingle came crashing off the roof of our building onto the pavement below. And while this building is solid brick, I could feel it shaking at times. This morning, the normal gentle weather has returned.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Middle Kid said...

Wow!! And I thought it was windy here! Did the Missus stay at home, or did she go into work yesterday?

2:58 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

Wow, we didn't hear anything about it here in Houston, probably because we were trying survival our winter storm! We had temperatures in the 30's and we almost had sleet! The media worked all of us up into such a frenzy that some people kept their kids home from school! However, my poor YK had to listen to tales of his parents walking through 6 foot drifts of snow.

12:04 AM  
Blogger four legs good said...

Rubbish bins, eh?

My, we are going native!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

FLG,

I thought the same thing. I can't be sure, but I'd bet Smitty was raised with terms like "trash can" and "garbage pail."

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home