Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Best Bureaucracy Money Can Buy, Cont'd

The Royal Mail, making the U.S. Postal Service look like geniuses:

Recorded Signed Forâ„¢ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Tell me, Royal Mail: Why would I want to track a package online after I've already signed for it?

Maybe this explains why bulk mail users are turning to other courier services (click the link and scroll down).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger R. Titus said...

yeah.

My favorite royal mail.

"hello, I'd like to sign up to cancel all that junk mail that you slip in my slot in the afternoon."

"sir, we really suggest you not do that sir"

"um, why, i hate junkmail and besides, since I'm an american, leicester and whatever won't give me a premiership card anyways... plus it's bad for the environment"

"sir you might miss an important notice from the township"

"sir we really suggest you not do that sir"

...... sigh

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Tell me, Royal Mail: Why would I want to track a package online after I've already signed for it?

Because, if you felt that your backage had taken longer to arrive than you thought it should, you might like to find out where in its transit the delays occurred, in order to complain more effectively? Seems obvious to me, at least!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home