Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In Other News ...

A reader has inquired privately about my new haircut, and I can assure you that, most days anyway, it's not as radical as portrayed. When you spend most days with your two computers and interacting almost exclusively with a newsagent, a barista, and your wife, you don't get too excited about hair product.

However, I will note that there is other appearance news. On my birthday trip to Greenwich, I did something that a TV character once described as "rebellious, in a conformist sort of way." Fire up those search engines if you want to know.

8 Comments:

Blogger Middle Kid said...

Well, I was afraid it was a tattoo that said "Redneck" on it, or something like that. But, because I know of your fondness for "The Simpsons," I think Schmutz is right.

4:43 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

Hmmm. Did you pierce just one or both? Are you wearing Pirate hoops? That would be so cool!

3:03 AM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

(by the way, Mr. OK says the earring will go nicely with your skirt)

3:04 AM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

Gotta wear a post for the first six months, but I imagine I'll graduate up to hoops by then. Curiously, the six week mark should coincide with a visit from a reader. Maybe I'll take them along on an earring purchasing expedition.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

That's "first six weeks," not "months."

7:28 PM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

So, just one ear? Just one pierce? Left or right?

10:54 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

Left, of course.

What I should have gotten, of course, was a tattoo of a heart with the word "moth" or the phrase "wino forever" in it ....

9:48 AM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

No, I mean moth.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home