Friday, August 11, 2006

The Tale o' the Trousers

It's taken me a little while to get over what happened, to be able to post on this coherently. But before I do, let me do a long overdue post on the visit from Aussie Sarah!

Aussie Sarah popped by London on her European grand tour which mainly consisted of Italy, I gathered. We met up in Covent Garden, had a little lunch at the Ponti's, and then walked down to the Strand and the River Thames. When we couldn't get a water taxi, we hopped the tube to Chelsea Harbour and had tea at this hotel. It was lovely: I had a nice darjeeling, and they served finger foods on three-tiered trays. The first tier was sandwiches -- the brie and pear chutney ones were popular -- the next was scones (served with jam and clotted cream, mmmmm!), and the top tier was for the sweets or puddings, as they are known. Chocolate was involved, so it was quite lovely.

2 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

You have clearly mislabeled this entry! There was no mention of trousers! This was the Tale o' the Visit with Aussie Sarah, not the Tale o' the Trousers! We are all waiting!!!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I so enjoyed the day with Mrs. W! I am also feverishly working to get all my pictures uploaded... hopefully soon! Yes, Mrs. W got to meet my friends and the one teaching in England. It was a lovely afternoon... and yes, chocolate always enhances the day.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home