Thursday, April 20, 2006

Prob'ly

This is my response to any question about the weather in London. "Is it going to rain today?" "Prob'ly." "Is it going to be sunny today?" "Prob'ly." Is it going to be cloudy today?" "Prob'ly." Because every day seems to be a mix of sun and clouds, with a little sprinkle thrown in--nothing much, maybe a fraction of a millimeter.

I used to read the weather forecasts in the States religiously, trying to plan a schedule of outdoor activities around the weather. Bicycling in a heavy downpour is no fun. But here, I just take my bike outside and make sure I have a rain jacket with me.

It's prob'ly easier this way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rain and rain! What is rain?

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The old joke: if you don't like the weather, something different will be along soon enough.

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time I visited London, I didn't know whether to laugh or tear my hair out at BBC weather forecasts: "Well, it looks as if we may have some bright periods this morning, though there may be a shower or two, and the afternoon is looking up, despite the possibility of a sprinkle or perhaps a heavy downpour..."

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home