Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Harry passes out

As your royal correspondent and professor of English as a second language, I am delighted to wear both hats as I type this post.

Prince Harry had his passing out parade today. Now, when I first saw this on the BBC, I thought he'd been spotted at some pub or lap-dancing club again. But no. A passing out parade is what you have for your graduation from a military academy; you're "passing out" of the academy and into the world of warfare. (Although when I heard what the training was like, I would have done the other kind of passing out a long time ago!) Harry passed out in front of his grandmother, who appeared to be wearing the same outfit she sported to open the new Welsh Assembly. Camilla, other than donning a silly hat, looked lovely. She's really blossoming, that one.

The passing out parade dominated live TV today, and was shown on Sky News and BBC. The commentators noted that Prince William is attending the same military academy that Harry just passed out from. This means Harry ranks ahead of Wills in the military, although who's ahead in line for the throne, hmmm? Harry also apparently wants to go to a military hot spot. Perhaps Cindy Sheehan should call him?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Prince Harry wants to go to a combat zone? How about making him Dick Cheney's chief of staff? (Also, please provide photographic evidence of Camilla's loveliness. Without same, we can only assume it's on a par with Tom DeLay's modesty.)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

I think both Charles and Camilla have had work--and it's definitely not a council house facelift.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Harry Wales" joined the Army and might get sent to a combat zone? Which makes me wonder what the Bush twins are up to these days?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

Two packs and a bottle of vodka a day--I think that's what the Bush twins are up to.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

My favorite sign I've ever made for my subversive activities said, "Have the twins enlisted?" decorated with flowers. Somebody swiped it when I wasn't looking and the sign has shown up to many of the activities I've been to. I've never been able to catch the culprit.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home