Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Where's our stuff? (cont'd)

The moving guys are here. We stayed up late last night watching Sky's Oscar highlights show. Meanwhile, I don't have a job today, so I felt fairly free to sleep in. They were scheduled to arrive between 9 and 9:30. I arose at around 8, went downstairs to put a note by the buzzer to let them know to call my mobile phone because the buzzer doesn't work, and then set about to make some coffee. A minute later, my mobile phone rings. They're here already. Which reminds me of the day the packers came in Silver Spring. I had stayed up until 3:30 or so packing stuff up. I went to nap for a few minutes on the couch, and woke up at 7. I went to the door to look out, and saw the packers pulling up in their truck.

Anyway, the lead moving guy is a stitch.

"Any of these cars yours?" he asked. "We're parked down the street."

"No, sorry."

"Third floor, eh?"

"Yeah."

"Lift?"

"No, sorry."

"This job keeps getting better and better."

3 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

Do you feel better now that you have your stuff?

3:44 AM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

I bet Mrs. W feels good having her smaller size clothes!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

The crew had just gotten back from working a stint in Los Angeles. "Give me Bel Air," the chief said.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home