Saturday, March 04, 2006

Light of day

The days are growing longer here. When I went to work yesterday, I paused on the front step. Instead of slipping into the inky black of a new day, I was walking out into deep blue sky. By the time the bus was halfway to the office, there was bona fide sunlight hitting my face. And by sunlight, I mean something like this. You know, London sunlight.

And when I got back on the bus to head home, there was still some light lingering in the sky. It's amazing how much perkier one feels when the sun is present. A little light goes a long way.

6 Comments:

Anonymous vaara said...

Just wait till summer... you'll be watching TV in broad daylight at 9.30 pm, and wistfully reminiscing about those nice short winter days!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Schmutz said...

I know what you mean, Mrs. W. It's easier to get out of bed when it's getting light outside. We will soon hear birds chirping in the pre-dawn. However, in a few weeks, daylight time will take effect and it will be dark again when it's time to get up.

8:02 PM  
Blogger n8ivwarrior said...

Wow...too much of that and the suicide rate would go up.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Schmutz said...

In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candlelight.
In summer quite the other way
I have to go to bed by day.
I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping in the tree
And hear the grownup people's feet
Still going past me in the street.
And does it not seem hard to you
When all the sky is clear and blue
And I should like so much to play
To have to go to bed by day?

Just thought this poem by Robert Louis Stevenson was appropriate.

1:05 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

I remember watching the sunset over the North Sea on beach in Denmark at about 10:30 in the evening a few years ago. It was beautiful!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Dance bar lasik+eye+surgery+new+york 2020 institute lasik guarantee Monarch area rugs palm tree Sva usa dvd players 98 toyota rims sweaters Answering services lombard illinois Pa lottery super 6 xxx videos sex free

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home