Saturday, March 04, 2006

Light of day

The days are growing longer here. When I went to work yesterday, I paused on the front step. Instead of slipping into the inky black of a new day, I was walking out into deep blue sky. By the time the bus was halfway to the office, there was bona fide sunlight hitting my face. And by sunlight, I mean something like this. You know, London sunlight.

And when I got back on the bus to head home, there was still some light lingering in the sky. It's amazing how much perkier one feels when the sun is present. A little light goes a long way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait till summer... you'll be watching TV in broad daylight at 9.30 pm, and wistfully reminiscing about those nice short winter days!

7:38 PM  
Blogger John Burkholder said...

Wow...too much of that and the suicide rate would go up.

8:38 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

I remember watching the sunset over the North Sea on beach in Denmark at about 10:30 in the evening a few years ago. It was beautiful!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Dance bar lasik+eye+surgery+new+york 2020 institute lasik guarantee Monarch area rugs palm tree Sva usa dvd players 98 toyota rims sweaters Answering services lombard illinois Pa lottery super 6 xxx videos sex free

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home