Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hola from Barcelona!

It's been a while.

So I thought I'd give y'all a shout-out from Barcelona, where the festival of San (something said very fast in Catalan) is going on. (Photos to come.)

In my hotel room, which has a TV AND a phone in the bathroom (for people who take a loooooooooong time in there, you know who you are), there is a little sign. It says, "While the water in Barcelona is drinkable, we recommend you drink the bottled water from your mini-bar." Of course, I read this after I'd consumed the agua de tap, but I'm not dead yet.

Viva Espana!

4 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

They probably put up the sign so that they can charge you an outrageous price for the water in your mini-bar. We drank tap water in Bordeaux and didn't suffer any ill effects. Of course, we also drank a lot of wine....

6:36 PM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

Well, Spain is a second-world country compared to France. And if the water was bad, the alcohol certainly killed it in Bordeaux.

I seem to recall a certain family that got lost driving around Barcelona once.

7:20 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

Lost in Barcelona? Really?

1:14 AM  
Blogger Schmutz said...

You know, I think our family got lost in Barcelona traffic,too, many, many years ago.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home