Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Memos from Scrooge

To: Those who didn't make the already-exclusive Werbenmanjensen holiday card list

It cost the equivalent of $2.20 to send each card to the U.S., and if I send too many, I can't deny Bob Crachit that raise he needs to feed Tiny Tim et. al. If the pound stays this high, I'm moving my operation to Florida.

To: Those who did make the already-exclusive Werbenmanjensen holiday card list

You're getting e-cards next year. Bah humbug!

To: Those about to rock

We salute you.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Burkholder said...

Oh...Cards...hmmm. Ecards it is!

11:18 PM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

So, you're making me feel old. I can't figure out the reference for "those about to rock." I'm not sure if I'm about to rock or not. And why would you want to move to Florida?

3:43 AM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

O.K., doesn't everyone want to move to Florida? You shouldn't feel old by that reference since it's from an oldie from 1981, I think. I think you're about to rock.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Smitty Werbenmanjensen said...

It's an AC/DC song. Very overwrought. It's no "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" or "Highway to Hell."

7:39 AM  
Blogger oldest kid said...

Perhaps I'm about to rock, in my rocking chair! My son gets embarrassed when I dance to rock music as I cook dinner, or fold clothes....

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home