Saturday, January 21, 2006

Would you like brown sauce with that?

A quick introduction to UK cuisine:

Virgin Atlantic upper class asks you to place a breakfast order before you go to sleep. I wasn't particularly interested in cereal, so I selected something like a salmon fritatta. Awoken from my half-sleep in the middle of the night, I was informed by my cabin attendant that it was no longer on the menu, and would I like a bacon roll? After groggily trying to wrap my mind around the message given to me in an accent with which I am unfamiliar, I agreed to a "bacon roll," whatever that was. The next question: Would you like brown sauce with that? Or red sauce? Well, red suggests tomato, and brown suggests ... um, I don't want to think about it. I selected red sauce. It was ketchup.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Middle Kid said...

Ooh, yuck. I can tell you're in for quite a time. Just remember that England has a very strong vegetarian society. You might want to give them a call.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home