Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Queen's Garden Party: Sights

I had a once-in-a-lifetime experience yesterday: Through a lottery, I got a ticket to one of the Queen's three garden parties at Buckingham Palace.



Since there's so much to share, I'll do several posts, each focusing on a different sense. We'll begin with sights. We weren't allowed to take pictures, but that didn't stop some of the 8,000 guests (including yours truly). It was a gorgeous day, sunny, blue skies, about 75 degrees.



We were allowed to explore the gardens, which surrounded a pond complete with ducks.



Sadly, I don't have any photos of the Queen herself (as I was too afraid of having my iPhone confiscated). And while I didn't get to meet her, I was about 6 feet from her while she was talking to someone else. Got a nice view of her lovely pale blue flowered suit, matching hat with feathers, and her grandmotherly smile. Here's a list of other VIPs who was there.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger oldest kid said...

That is so cool! What did you wear? What did you eat? (I'm sure that will be in your later posts)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Schmutz said...

What a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Keep the posts coming!

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! I'm looking forward to hearing about it at dinner tonight! :)

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home