Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Tabloids Get Fired Up

Overnight and into tomorrow's rush hour, the meteorologists are forecasting another accumulating snow. The British Meteorology Office, as I write this, is getting so many hits I can't open it. Metcheck, a sort of Accuweather for the UK and Europe, is opening slowly, but once it opens I can see it is forecasting up to 3.9 cm of snow. I can hear the tabloid news teams going into overdrive now. Last week, they referred to it as "Snow Chaos," so I wonder what it will be this week.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3.9 cm!!! that's an inch and a half!!! call out the National Guard!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Middle Kid said...

I thought London got frequent snow -- at least that's what Dickens always implied. Is global warming (climate change) the culprit?

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home